I’m happy to be back writing The Great List after a week off last week. This is always my favorite post to write. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, gratitude is everywhere these days. That’s one thing we ALL should be thankful for…other people taking the time to be thankful. When people take the time to reflect on all that is GREAT in their lives, I think it brings about a greater sense of peace. Negativity can breed turmoil, and you know what? I’m living proof of that.
Its been nearly 2 weeks since I wrote my last Great List post, and I have to say, it hasn’t been a great two weeks. I’ve been feeling depressed, distressed and overall lackluster. I blame it on daylight savings time (my nemesis), but in reality, I’ve just been focusing my energy on the wrong things. Without The Great List, I didn’t stop to reflect on the great things I have going on, and I slipped into a (mini) black hole of negativity. I realized that I don’t just write the Great List for fun, I actually need it to be sane in my life. My mom emailed me last week, “I missed your good things post this week”. Thanks mom! Me too….more than I realized. I now have two weeks of greatness to reflect on, so let’s get to it!
1. I need to thank GSDBA and West Elm San Diego for officially pulling me out of my funk last night. All the Christmas trees, the holiday music, food and booze is exactly what this girl needed to get into the holiday spirit. I can’t thank everyone enough for their kind words regarding the cookies I baked for the event. I really needed the boost so THANK YOU!
2. Life with Olive is going swimmingly! I’m so happy that her and Tally are such good friends. She hasn’t chewed up anything inappropriate yet, she hasn’t had an accident in the house in 3 days, and she sleeps through the whole night like a champion. I prepared for the worst when we decided to get a puppy, and we ended up with the best.
3. Our visit with Grandma last week proved to be a great cooking inspiration. We talked recipes for hours and she gave me some great ideas for butternut squash, which is the featured ingredient (and not one of my favorites) over at Seasonal Potluck this month. She also gave me the genius idea for cooking Thanksgiving meats which I will share after the holiday. Can’t wait!
4. Yesterday was national bundt cake day!! I have never been so stoked over a holiday in my life. As you may know, bundt is my favorite kind of cake, and I posted 12 awesome bundts I’ve made on my Facebook page yesterday. You probably should check it out. No day is complete without a bundt.
5. Friday’s are for The Great List, but they are also for #fancycoffeefriday which is a hashtag I follow on Instagram. For those who aren’t hashtag savvy, don’t sweat it. It just means that The Hubs brings me a fancy coffee from Starbucks on Friday’s on his way home from the gym. Coffee makes everything better in my book.
6. Randomly, as I was getting gas on my way home last night, I ran into a long lost friend who had recently moved back from Seattle! I had JUST been thinking about him, and poof! There he was. It was great to reconnect, and we have plans to get together soon.
That’s it for me this week. I think it would be great if we could just get a giant gratitude fest going, so leave a comment below and tell me all the GREAT things happening in your life right now! If you have a blog, grab the button below and write your own Great List!
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha