This has been a pretty peaceful week around these parts. I’m finally feeling like my brain is functioning normally again after about 6 weeks of chaos. Looking forward, my holiday commitments are minimal (I tend to over extend myself this time of the year) so overall, life is copasetic. Let’s talk Great List.
1. I had a fun date with Leila this week. We went to a new candy store in town which nearly caused her little head to explode. We also baked some cookies and watched Toy Story. I gotta say, not a bad way to spend an afternoon. She’s at a really fun age where she’s beginning to understand Christmas so we talked about Santa A LOT. Sorry about the sugar crash that ensued after I dropped her off Jen.
2. My yoga instructor called me out during class this morning for my stellar half locust pose. “Good Betsy!” She NEVER calls out anyone by name. Usually just more generic “beautiful job everyone!” so I felt pretty proud. I’ve only been doing yoga for a few months, and Stephanie, this particular instructor, was the one that led me on my first ever class, so I know she can see my progress.
3. I committed to myself that I would “run the hill” once a week for every week of December. Its a 3.5 mile loop by my house that has two VERY steep and intense uphill sections. I stuck to my guns and completed my first run this week. As I described it to The Hubs, “not terrible, but not great either” Hopefully next week will get a bit easier. Its always a Great thing in my mind to complete a challenging workout (or anything challenging really).
4. The Hubs is coming home today, and we have a house full of dogs for the weekend! The Hubs’ travel schedule is crazy this month so we’ll only get to spend a few days together throughout the whole month. Lucky for him, we’re watching my brothers dogs this weekend so he’ll have lots of slobbery kisses and wagging tails to come home to. I know that always cheers me up when life gets tedious.
5. I’ve been searching for a new coffee table for about 10 months now. The one we have is just slightly oversized for our space. I’ve seen ones I’ve liked, but thought they were too expensive so I just keep looking. This week one of my clients had a bunch of furniture in their studio that they had bought for set design. There was a coffee table that I thought would be the perfect size for our living room, and they gave it to me FOR FREE!! There is no better price than FREE in my book. It looks great in our living room, and I’m loving the new flow it gives to the space.
6. I got a Christmas card from my in-laws in Birmingham today with school photos of my nieces and nephew enclosed. They are so grown up! Being an aunt is one of my favorite things on earth, and these photos majorly brightened my day.
My annual cookiepocalypse is scheduled for this weekend, so get ready for some seriously delicious posts coming your way next week! Hope you all have a warm and cozy weekend.