This post is sponsored. All opinions are my own. Today I’m showing you how to cook a T-bone steak on a grill, and a great compound butter recipe for steak.
You’ve been working really hard this year. I see you putting in those extra hours; burning the midnight oil. Summer is here and it’s time for you to treat yourself! Forget about wimpy burgers and hot dogs, next time you’re at the store, buy yourself a thick, juicy T-bone steak.
You earned it.
There are a variety of ways to cook a steak, but when it’s hot outside, and the days are long, there’s only one thing to do.
Fire up the grill.
Simply cooked with just salt and pepper is my favorite way to enjoy a steak, but when you’re looking for something a little bit special, might I recommend a compound butter? A flavorful compound butter is an excellent way to fancy up any beautiful steak, and can be made with any flavor combination.
For this particular Y-bone steak, I made a red wine and shallot compound butter, because everything is better with wine in my opinion!
Are you relaxing yet? Do you have your feet up? Is your steak on the grill?
Good, because I have another excellent surprise for you! I’m not only giving you this incredible, decadent steak recipe, I’m also giving away a grill to cook it on, but not just any grill, the most premium grill on the marketplace.
SABER® grills were designed by a team of outdoor cooking experts with one goal in mind, to engineer a better barbecue: one that is constructed better (using premium materials), cooks better (even heat and no flare-ups), and is priced better than competing premium grills.
Yaaaaaassssssss!!!!! Summer just got awesome.
SABER’s infrared (award winning) cooking system is everything!! I get so stoked when I see real innovation in the marketplace that results in a better user experience.
You have until 6/7 to enter the giveaway below to win this incredible prize pack that includes
Giveaway is a package which includes
SABER Cast Black 500 3 Burner Retail Value $1,099.
-A Marine Grade Cover ($125)
-Three Piece Stainless Steel Toolset ($40)
-EZ Temp Digital Thermometer ($38)
And three runners-up will win the Toolset & Thermometer combo.
*****CONTEST HAS ENDED*****
Before you know it you’ll be grilling steaks like a pro while enjoying your best summer ever! If you want to check out more info on SABER’s awesome line of grills. Be sure to check out their WEBSITE | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
Get the recipe for Grilled T-Bone Steak with Red Wine Compound Butter below
More easy steak recipes
Grilled T-Bone with Red Wine Compound Butter
- 16oz T-Bone steak
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Remove steak from fridge 30 minutes before grilling. Pat dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add shallot and red wine to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until nearly all liquid is evaporated and you're left with a pulp-like texture. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine red wine shallot mixture with softened butter and parsley. Mash together with a fork until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form butter mixture into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Heat the grill to high heat. Place steak over direct flame and sear for 2 minutes on each side to form an even brown crust.
- Turn off one of the grill burners and move steak to indirect heat. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes per size, until a meat thermometer inserted into the tenderloin side (the side of the bone with less meat) reads 125 degrees (for medium rare)
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice the compound butter into coins. Top the steak with a butter slice and allow butter to melt into the steak. Enjoy!