I asked on my Facebook page yesterday how people manage an ever growing to-do list. I just can’t seem to get everything crossed off each day, and those items roll over and over and over, and the list keeps getting longer. I’m considering pulling an all-nighter (just like the ol’ college days) in order to catch up, but I’m not sure that would even solve the problem. With a long to-do list comes anxiety, and I’m sure I would just channel my anxiety into something else if those tasks weren’t staring me down each day.
My first solution is coffee. More coffee. However, I don’t think its normal for a human to consume as much coffee as I do. My next thought is to simplify. I’m on the prowl for easy, quick recipes that are still healthy and tasty (like this pasta!) I’m also looking for suggestions on tools/techniques to simplify my blog life and home life.
What online tools to you use to make your blog promotion/writing/photographing life easier?
What are your favorite household tips that you employ to simplify your life each day?
I need help. And advice. And encouragement. I know I can count on you, my lovely readers! Thanks for listening.
Healthy Poached Egg Pasta recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 14 cups stemmed, coarsely chopped rainbow chard (about 18 ounces)**you can substitue kale
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Gradually add chard, stirring to wilt after each addition. Stir in 1/2 cup water, red pepper, and garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 12 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water and 2 teaspoons salt to a simmer. Working with one at a time, crack each egg into a floating poach pod. Cook 3 minutes or until whites are just set. Carefully remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Bring water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and black pepper to pasta; toss to coat. Place about 3/4 cup chard in bottom of each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each serving with about 1 cup pasta mixture, and 1 egg. Top with more cheese