It’s official. I’m chili-ed out and cookie-ed out. As much as I love “festive” eating, if I’m ever going to make it through this tax season I’m going to need to put some real nutrients into my body. Maybe some frosted mini wheats. They seem to keep those children in the commercials sharp at school…….
In the meantime I prepared this DELIGHTFUL cauliflower and prosciutto dish for a nice light lunch. This would also make a great dinner for when The Hubs is out of town, or an excellent party appetizer. Have you ever baked cauliflower in the oven like this? Holy hell is it good! I have always loved cauliflower but now I love it times a million!!!!! Add some crispy prosciutto and you have got yourself one awesome lunch!
Cauliflower “Caviar” with frizzled Prosciutto recipe by Cooking Light
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower florets (about 2 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 24 belgian endive leaves (about 2 small heads)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange cauliflower florets in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with black pepper and kosher salt, tossing to combine. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned.
3. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
4. Combine cauliflower mixture, prosciutto mixture, and vinegar in a large bowl; coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in chopped parsley. Spoon 2 tablespoons cauliflower mixture into each endive leaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.