When life gives you limoncello, make a bundt cake. That’s how the saying goes, right? Well, that’s definitely how it goes here in Betsylife. A while back we watched a friend’s dog while she traveled through Italy. She repaid us by bringing back some limoncello (good friend!) I promptly turned it into the cutest shaped cake in town, and washed the cake down with the rest of the bottle. Yup, that’s how I roll.
You really can’t go wrong with baking and booze, whether you’re mixing them in the batter, or just mixing them in your stomach. Is that another “saying” in the making? Perhaps…….. Maybe I should just stick with cake baking.
Limoncello Bundt Cake
Limoncello Bundt Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup limoncello
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- zest of 2 lemons
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 1/3 cup limoncello until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Beat in lemon zest
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched with a finger.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; invert and cool completely on a rack.
For the Glaze
- Whisk confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons limoncello until smooth; drizzle over the cake.