Do you guys know Bruegger’s Bagels? I know its not a nationwide chain, but I’m hoping at least some people will know what I’m talking about. Bruegger’s invented my favorite sandwich of all time which I will happily re-create for you today.
I’m not really a “sandwich” person. Bread has never really been my thing. I just feel like it gets in the way. If you see me eating a sandwich, I’ll usually tear all the bread off until there’s just enough to hold the sandwich together, and eat it like that. I don’t really eat bagels anymore (too carby and calorie laden for me) either, but I still crave the flavors of Bruegger’s mediterranean sandwich. Never fear! The flavors still taste good on mini, skinny, sandwich thin!
Sun-dried tomato spread **I used Bella Sun Luci
Toasted Bread **I used Orowheat Sandwich Thin Minis
Oh man, Just looking at these pictures has me drooling! Sun-dried tomato spread is where its AT!!! Aren’t these little bites so cute too? For this round, I did make my own hummus. If you haven’t made your own hummus yet, definitely give it a shot. Its super simple and the results are delicious!
Classic Hummus recipe from Cooking Light
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until chopped. Add 1/2 cup water and remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- **Just an FYI, I don’t own a food processor. I made this in a magic bullet