Hey folks! Sorry about the lack of Betsylife yesterday. I had a minor dispute with our web host, but its all resolved now and we’re back in action. Who’s been loving this summer so far huh? In San Diego, generally May and June are gloomy and gray as the ocean temperature warms up, but we’ve officially passed the “June gloom” mark, and have been having bright sunshine morning to night lately! I seriously cannot explain in words how much I love this time of the year. Besides the gorgeous weather, tons of fresh produce, and my favorite uniform of bikini’s, tank tops and flip flops, I absolutely love grilling out. There’s truly nothing better than having some friends over, throwing some food on the grill, and sitting around enjoying a few beers and great company. I’m sure I’ll have lots of great grilling recipes in the weeks to come, but lets start with this super easy, flavor packed healthy option. I mean, we gotta stay in shape for those bikinis right?
Mustard Turkey Burgers recipe from Whole Living
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 whole-wheat buns, grilled
- 1 avocado, sliced **I used my favorite Wholly Guacamole
- 4-5 Peppadew peppers, sliced **I used sweet yellow peppers
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a bowl, combine turkey, Dijon, onion, and salt. Form mixture into four patties and chill 30 minutes.
- Drizzle patties with oil and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve on buns with avocado, Peppadews, arugula, and Parmesan.
Of course I served this with some simple sauteed zucchini I grew in my own garden. So summery! What are you favorite things to grill? I know I’m starting with a burger, but the list of things that you’re able to grill is pretty much endless. I’d love to hear what you’re grilling this summer!