These no-bake funfetti cake batter truffles are a festive holiday treat that the whole family will love to make.
I’m currently in the midst of a great holiday revival. For a few years there, the holidays were ok and all, but nothing too special. Now that all the kids in my life are no longer babies, and are starting to really understand the magic of the holiday season, the holidays are making a comeback.
There is nothing I love more than hanging out with my mini-friends, and creating special treats and crafts that will become a part of their holiday traditions for years to come. It’s so fun to mix old traditions with new, and to watch the kid’s imaginations at work.
Obviously I love creating in the kitchen, and I’m always looking for ways to get the kids interested in cooking too. Since most of the kids in my life are under the age of 5, no-bake treats are a perfect and safe way for us all to create some holiday memories together.
This year I went to Target and picked up some festive ingredients and packaging from Pillsbury, M&M’s, and Ziploc to create some simple and tasty edible gifts to share.
These easy No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles are a fun project for kids of all ages. The little ones can help add ingredients to the mixer, and roll the dough into balls, while the older ones can dip in the melted chocolate and add the finishing M&Ms touches.
Beyond this being a fun way to spend an afternoon, it’s also a nice way to teach kids about the importance of giving. Each kid can pick someone they want to share some holiday joy with, whether that’s a teacher, a neighbor or a friend, and then they get to pack their own Ziploc holiday printed container to fill with truffles and give as a gift. Another great packaging option is Ziploc holiday bags.
The best gift I get every holiday, is sharing my love of food with a new generation, and seeing these kids light up with pride because they made something from scratch and gave it to someone they love.
The true spirit of the holidays is back in Betsylife, and I’m looking forward to many more years of cooking up memories to come.
To save on the products featured in this post, use this Cartwheel offer the next time you shop at Target.
Get the recipe for No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Below!
More fun holiday cookie recipes
No Bake Cake Mix Truffles
These no-bake funfetti cake mix truffles are a festive holiday treat that the whole family will love to make.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate bark
- 1 cup M&M's Holiday Minis
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, Pillsbury Funfetti Holiday Cake Mix, vanilla and salt and mix thoroughly.
- One tablespoon at a time, add milk until mixture forms a dough-like consistency.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish at 30-second intervals, stirring frequently.
- Using a toothpick or a fork, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate. Shake off excess by tapping fork against the side of the dish.
- Place truffles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with M&M's Holiday Minis. Repeat until all truffles are coated.
- Allow chocolate coating to harden then store in the refrigerator until serving.