If you need me between 6:30 and 7:30 am chances are I’ll be running. I’ve found that morning running works best for me mostly because I’m still half asleep so I don’t have a chance to talk myself out of it.
As my body wakes up on my morning runs, so does my mind. Generally my thought process goes through a cycle that sounds something like this;
1. “My legs hurt, I’m tired, I’ll never be able to finish this run, I have to pee”
2. “What’s that guy doing sitting in that truck? He seems suspicious. I’d better memorize the license plate just in case.”
3. “I already forgot the license plate.”
4. “What am I going to make for dinner tonight?”
5. “What am I going to make for dinner tomorrow night?”
6. “I love this song!”
7. “I’m still tired. This sucks. I think I need to walk”
8. “If we were on the Amazing Race, Val would kill me if I walked.”
9. “Slow is better than nothing. Slow is better than nothing. Slow is better than nothing.”
10. “I’m starving! What am I going to eat when I get home?”
11. “I think I’m going to make it.”
12. “Almost there. Don’t quit now. Food awaits you.”
13. “Finish strong!”
14. “Well, at least that creepy truck sitting guy is gone.”
15. “Done! So glad I got that out of the way first thing in the morning. Now, what’s for breakfast?”
As you can see, food is on my mind constantly.
My favorite post workout snack is Silk Almond Protein + Fiber. Its a quick and easy way to replenish your depleted muscles. Once I get a little fuel back in my system. I start thinking about food once again, and what to cook for the rest of the day (and sometimes the following days).
In order to keep the feelings of desperation, weakness, and desire to quit at bay while running, its essential to fuel your body properly. By substituting Silk Almond Protein + Fiber for milk in a recipe, you’re getting 5g of protein and 5g of fiber per serving which helps you to feel full longer.
I boosted this great veggie pasta with a tomato cream sauce by adding Silk Almond Protein + Fiber, and was able to enjoy it for dinner and lunch the next day. Since my body was perfectly fueled and I didn’t feel hungry, I was forced to find something else to think about during those runs.
If you want to try new Silk Almond Protein + Fiber, head over to their Facebook page for a coupon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.