It’s almost embarrassing how easy these muffins are, but I think they are great for those of you who don’t cook or think you can’t cook. They are pretty fool proof. You can start making something like this, and it can become your “signature recipe”. Impress your friends! They don’t need to know how simple it is.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
***You could easy substitute pumpkin pie spice for all the spices listed
***I added about 3 T. of leftover wheat germ and 1/3 c. of golden raisins just to use up some pantry excess
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
I’m still not willing to let fall in. I laid out poolside last weekend for crying out loud! However, I’m willing to make some pumpkin stuff in the spirit of Seasonal Potluck. Perhaps there is such thing as a summery pumpkin recipe? Anyone?