My parents have left (thanks for help with the lemons Mom!) One dog has been returned to his owner, and real life has been restored. I took yesterday afternoon as an opportunity to recharge my exhausted brain. I laid on the couch quietly, watched some junky TV shows, ate warm chicken soup, and went to bed early. Today I’m feeling ready to kick the rest of tax season’s ass, AND get back into my daily workouts. A well rested Betsy is a very productive Betsy.
Despite feeling energized, I’m still going to be crazy busy for the next month and a half. I need to make big batches of stuff like this pasta salad that I can eat on the fly, and not be tempted to get fast food. I’m sure this weekend will be spent stockpiling such meals.
Lemony Pasta Salad with Shrimp recipe from Cooking Light
- 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Combine juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until done. Stir in spinach, cannellini beans, red onion, and 2 tablespoons capers; toss to combine. Add the pasta and juice mixture to shrimp mixture; toss.