Well now that it’s officially spring, I’m sure everyone has lots of BBQ/picnic/other get together plans in the near future. So starts the best season for cooking with fresh ingredients! I hope you all will mozy on over to Seasonalpotluck.com to check out our ever growing collection of orange recipes, artichoke recipes, rhubarb recipes, and soon to be peas recipes! I’m getting excited to start my new spring plantings (lettuce! peppers!) and hear about what everyone else has growing in their gardens this year.
Freshness talk aside, I totally cheated with this dip and used canned ingredients (eek!) BBQ season starts a little earlier here, and I had to whip up this dip in a hurry for a gathering we were having a couple of weeks ago. Canned or not, this dip was a huge hit. In fact, I had a friend call me the next week and ask for the recipe for a gathering she was going to the following weekend. Bonus: This dip is actually really healthy for you! (Gotta keep that in mind with swimsuit season coming up)
Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip recipe from Whole Living
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen artichokes, thawed and chopped **I used canned
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Whole-wheat baguette slices, for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1/2 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup feta, garlic, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons water; puree until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, remaining chopped artichokes, remaining 1/4 cup feta, and reserved artichoke puree; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes, if desired, and serve on baguette slices. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.