I was considering making this Thai Shrimp Salad a wordless Wednesday post. (Does it count if there’s a recipe listed?) My mind is both blank and swirling today which makes it very difficult to write. Does this happen to anyone else? Its like there’s so many thoughts in my head, yet I can’t grab on to any of them, and to be perfectly honest, none of them involve shrimp at this particular moment.
I’ll just keep it simple.
I love shrimp. I love Thai food. This salad was both spicy and refreshing. Its pretty healthy for you. Its easy to make. Please enjoy.
Thai Shrimp Salad
Healthy shrimp salad recipe
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden ginger
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden lemongrass
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/3 c lime juice
- 4 T green onions chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced and divided
- 3 tsp Sriracha sauce divided
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 serrano chile thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 T basil chopped
- 2 T cilantro chopped
- 2 T mint leaves
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 T olive oil
For the dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, green onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 tsp Sriracha sauce. Set aside
For the salad
- In a large bowl lightly toss lettuce, chile, red onion, carrots, basil, cilantro and mint. Set aside
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 cloves of garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and remaining 2 tsp Sriracha sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque.
- Toss the salad with the dressing until evenly coated. Top with shrimp and serve
I think a good long run may help to settle my brain. I hope you all are feeling more focused than me currently! Happy Hump Day!