Um, this is one of those weeks where I’m able to say “what wasn’t great?!” I had amazing meals, great conversations, and the work appointments I did not want to deal with randomly cancelled on me! Yes! I need to try to remember this the next time I have one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right. A few details on my greatest moments from the week…….
1. Duh! I’M ON VACATION! As you’re reading this, I’m probably on an airplane to Costa Rica. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. Is there anything greater? I guess winning the lottery, aka. permanent vacation, would be.
2. Last weekend in Napa I ate the greatest thing I have ever eaten. To call it just great would be an understatement
3. My friend Adam, an airforce captain who is deployed in Afghanistan, wrote THIS letter to Anderson Cooper, and it’s gone viral. Military or not, I’m proud to have Adam as a friend, but I’m totally proud to know that there are still people in the world that see something they feel is wrong, and do something about it. So great.
4. Easter candy
5. Seasonal Potluck is featured on linkyhere.com this week! I’m so happy that the word about Seasonal Potluck is spreading. It’s like a giant online community where everyone can share their seasonal recipes. What’s not great about that?
6. I’ve signed up to participate in the National Food Bloggers Bake Sale. I’m not only excited to raise money for Share our Strength, but to get to know some other San Diego bloggers as well. Also, its another thing I can add to my “looking forward to” list.
That’s all I’ve got for this week. I want to hear about your great stuff too! I know someone mentioned doing crossfit for the first time last week and not dying. How is that going? Let’s count our blessings together! It’s more fun this way.
In other news, I actually have enough photos and post ideas to schedule posts every day next week while I’m gone. However, I was getting pretty stressed about it all so I decided to give myself a break for once, and just let it go. That being said, I may or may not have any posts next week. I’m just going to see how I feel. Do me a favor and click over to Seasonal Potluck and check out and/or link up some peas and rhubarb recipes while I’m out. You guys are the best!
Happy Easter to those who are into it. Happy (hopefully) day off today for a few more of you, and Happy weekend to the rest!