I’m beginning to wonder if my life will ever slow down. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving every second, but with every completed task comes a whole slew of new ones. It’s definitely an exciting time to be Betsy! With that being said, let’s get to the Great List for this week!
1. Dog sitting that adorable, floppy puppy last weekend just filled my heart with joy. What a rascal she was! We had such a great time watching her explore the world.
2. I’m off to Napa today! I’m excited to visit a new part of my state, help a friend with her new home, and eat and drink some fabulous food and wine.
3. With a packed schedule comes a great night’s sleep! I’ve never slept as well as I have been the last few weeks. I finally realized the key to a great night of zzzzz’s is complete mental exhaustion.
4. I was able to reconcile some emotional issues I had been dealing with for a while. It feels good to be able to move on with a peaceful heart.
5. I got a new-to-me work computer. Hopefully this will allow me to work at the pace I want to, instead of being held back by a super slow computer. Faster work productivity allows for more time to do the things I love
6. My neighbor found out her dog has cancer and she has to put him down. The same day her sister lost her dog to old age. With every tragedy comes a lesson, and this reminded me how grateful I am that my pups are still around for me to love. They bring me tons of joy every single day, and have never once betrayed me or given me any reason to be sad. They are truly the best friends a girl could ask for.
7. I hit the mega number on Tuesday, so I won $2! (I turned that into 2 picks for Friday’s drawing)
What great things happened in your life this week? C’mon, I know there’s at least one thing. Maybe you got the last popsicle? You didn’t have to wait in line at the gas station? Take a second to really think about it. Push the stress and chaos aside for a minute, and focus on something great. Make it a habit.
“First we make our habits, then our habits make us” -Charles Noble