Yay! I won something! Kimberli over at What’s Cooking? hooked me up with this awesome award! The thing I love the most about blogging is connecting with interesting people all over the world. I’m super happy to be recognized, and to be able to spread the love.
So, there are some rules. (this goes for all who receive this award as well). You must thank the person who awarded you by linking back to their post, you have to say 7 things about yourself (let’s assume they should be interesting), and last but certainly not least, you have to pass the award down to 15 other new or newly discovered by me blogs.
Let’s do this!!
7. I have a bachelors degree in fine arts, but work as a bookkeeper in my regular life. I guess you can say I’m not right brained or left brained, I’m both brained.
6. I have an insane sunglasses collection. There’s a place by my house that sells them 1 pair for $10, 2 for $15, or 3 for $20. I have never gone in and left with less than 3 pairs.
5. My old college roomie, who I hadn’t talked to in years, Kelley, and I reconnected through blogging, and started the Seasonal Potluck, where bloggers can get together and share recipes based around a monthly themed ingredient. April was rhubarb month and May is asparagus month! C’mon over and link up your seasonal recipes!
4. The thing I enjoy most about cooking is the idea of creating something from nothing. I’ve always loved to “make stuff,” and to me, cooking is like fast gratification artwork.
3. I love the show Survivor. I have been a die hard fan since season one, and almost never miss an episode!
2. I’m crazy for anything lemon, vanilla, or coconut flavored or scented.
1. If I had to choose my last meal, I would start with a caprese salad followed by BBQ shrimp with mashed potatoes. For dessert I would have coconut ice cream with fresh pineapple……maybe some popcorn for later.
For my love spreading, I strongly suggest you check out the following blogs
1. My partner in crime in Seasonal Potluck, Kelley, over at The Culinary Enthusiast
2. The sheer genius that is Anna over at abdpbt.com She knows everything
3. Erin the Fitgal. She has the most amazing outlook on life
4. A new fave Freshandfoodie
5. The sweetest fellow San Diegan I know! Marissa at MamaSparkles
7. For the sweetest handmade baby goods and great stories about raising 3 boys. Read about Jen and be sure to shop in her store!
8. I love the humor of Karen from Citrus and Candy
9. Lorie over at Kitchenarian has a great recipe collection and a fabulous looking site!
10. Kathleen has the cutest doggies and takes AMAZING instagram pics!
11. The most fashionable gal I’ve ever seen, Kendi! I wish I could pull off half the stuff she can.
12. 2girls, going after their writing dreams! (on a bench)
13. Because its so much fun, Grilled Cheese Social
14. I have found a TON of amazing recipes over at bakingbites! Really well-tested
15. Absolutely, can not live without, Tiny Buddha. A MUST read!