Epic cake alert! This White Russian kahlua Cake has arrived to make all your boozy cake dreams come true. A bundt cake comprised of a vanilla layer and a kahlua layer swirled together and then topped with a silky kahlua glaze. The coziest cake recipe that will warm you up from the inside out.
If you like a boozy cake, this white Russian Kahlua cake is your new best friend. White Russians are a favorite cocktail in this house, especially around the holidays. There is something about that creamy coffee flavor that is really cozy and comforting. Plus, my neighbor makes her own Kahlua and gives us a bottle each year for christmas, which just adds to the holiday cheer.
This cake tastes amazingly like the cocktail. I served it recently to some friends who gathered for football Sunday. I know at least one of them got the taste in their mouth and went on to make some white russian cocktails when they got home. Think of this cake as the indulgence without the higher BAC level.
Its hard to believe that the holidays are right around the corner. Baking this bundt certainly got me in the spirit, so now all I can think about is tree trimming, cookie baking, gift shopping, and of course, tons of cooking. What kinds of things do you look forward to most during the holidays?
White Russian Bundt Cake
Boozy Kahlua Cake that tastes like a white Russian
for the cake
- 2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. kahlua
for the glaze
- 1 c. powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp kahlua
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
To prepare the cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir the milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream together in a small bowl.
- In the large bowl of your mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy; about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Turn mixer to low and alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture in 3 additions; beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Scoop 1/2 the batter into a separate bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add 1 c. kahlua to the remaining 1/2 batter. Mix until well combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the kahlua batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spoon vanilla batter over the top, then finish with remaining 1/2 kahlua batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and top with glaze.
To prepare the glaze
- Whisk together sifted powdered sugar, heavy cream and kahlua until smooth. Pour over warm cake.