Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We’ll be eating and drinking until we’re happy as clams today, and I hope you all are doing the same. There’s nothing I love more than spending time with my wonderful friends, and its even better now that there are children in the mix (and puppies!) I did want to just take a quick minute to give thanks for all the wonderful-ness that has happend in my life this past year. Sometimes I get impatient and feel as though things “aren’t happening fast enough”, but in retrospect, the past year was truly monumental, and I gained some invaluable insights along the way. It’s important to me to take a moment to recognize those things.
This year, I’m thankful for
1. The health of my family especially my niece Campbell, my cousin Amy, and my aunt Margaret all who have struggled with their health lately. Hoping this marks the end of your ailments!
2. Two of my brothers dreams being realized this year. Matt finally got the job and moved to California like he’s wanted to for years, and Scott finally has the baby (two actually!) him and Kelly have been trying for seemingly forever. I hope all your struggles are now in the past, and your lives only become more joyful going forward.
3. All of the babies born, and still on the way especially Lily and Madison my miracle nieces, Max Tibble, my being-born-tomorrow 10th nephew Paul, Danny Dalo, baby Crawford, baby Files, baby Sacks #2, baby Zita, and baby Sage #2. You rugrats make me the happiest “aunt” around.
4. A special thanks to Tyler Peterson who’s short life taught me more about love, strength, perseverance, and the bond of marriage than anyone I’ve ever known. You were truly a blessing.
5. Grace, Tally and Olive. My babies. You are the joy of my life.
6. My old boss Will English, and my dear friend Jenny Livits for supporting my career dreams and helping me get where I want to go. My life would be very different without your encouragement, and I appreciate all you’ve done for me.
7. All the things that make my life easy. The roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in the fridge. Heat. Refrigeration. A swimming pool. Computers. Senty, my old beat up car that I love. My bike. Vacations. All that stuff. I really, really try not to take it all for granted.
8. My wonderful neighbors who have restored my faith in communities. I had a bad string of weirdo neighbors for a while, but I’m now back to the belief that neighborhoods are a place where people truly care about and want to help each other.
9. Jen, Val and Leila. Thank you for being my family. There’s no 3 girls on earth I love as much as you.
10. Of course my husband who teaches me about ambition, dedication, sacrifice and drive every day. I love you honey for giving 110% to make our lives great. Being your partner in this life is the reason I get up every day. Together, we are unstoppable.
Thank you readers! Thank you to everyone who has clicked, liked, commented, followed, tweeted or shared anything Betsylife this year. I wish you could understand how much your support truly means to me. I’ll do my darndest to keep fresh and interesting content coming! Have a wonderful holiday.