Today we’re taking our CSA box ingredients into the wild world of dinner side dishes. I can tell that you’re on the edge of your seat. Believe me when I say there’s nothing quite as exciting as spiraling carrots into noodles.
Ok, maybe its time for me to get a life outside of produce. That’s a topic for another post.
After yesterdays recipes, here is where we stand with our CSA box for the week
-Pickling Cucumbers: partially used
-Radishes: partially used
-Avocados: partially used
-Green Beans: partially used
-Carrots: partially used
I’m starting off my day with another slice of avocado toast using the other 1/2 of the avocado from yesterday, and following it up with another helping of yesterdays antipasto pasta salad for lunch. I usually get about 3 days worth of lunch salads with a recipe like that.
Moving on to dinner. Today I’ll be tackling the rest of the carrots that I received.
My new love is making veggie noodles. I recently got this Mastrad Veggie Spiraler that comes with 3 different attachments for making different shaped noodles.
I spiraled the rest of my carrots into a big pile then mixed up a sweet and spicy peanut sauce to toss them in. I served them up with some grilled chicken. Simple right? Talk about a light and fresh summer meal.
Although The Hubs doesn’t agree with my theory that veggies noodles satisfy the same cravings as actual pasta, I think your family will find that turning veggies into noodles is a fun new way to experience the same old ingredients.
I think part of the reason people get stuck with a CSA box is because all they can think of is salad and steamed vegetables. Produce can be both versatile and simple at the same time. Perhaps a little inspiration is all you need.
- 5 large carrots, peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped thai basil
- Place carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, almond milk, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and lime juice until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the carrots with several large spoonfuls of dressing. Add more until desired coating is reached.
- Toss in peanuts and thai basil.
How to use your CSA Box: See the full series