If you checked out this post a couple of days ago, there were only photos and a recipe. No text. At the time, that’s all my brain power could afford me.
It’s a new week, and I’m slowly creeping back towards normalcy. I’ve still got a ton on my plate, but I’m taking it one step at a time, and surviving. I’m really looking forward to The Hubs being home next week, and a few days off to relax and enjoy the holiday.
The good news is, all the gifts are purchased, wrapped and shipped. All the treats have been baked and distributed. The house is clean. The tree is trimmed. Holiday, I’m ready for you.
I took a few shortcuts this year with my baking, but I didn’t sacrifice any of the wow factor. By using pre-made peppermint frosting, and a container of microwaveable dipping chocolate, these super festive white chocolate peppermint hi-hat cupcakes we ready in half the time, but are still as impressive as ever.
It allowed me more time for other, more pressing matters and helped clean out my pantry a bit in anticipation of our upcoming move.
If you’re still in search of a festive holiday dessert to gift to a friend, or to bring to an upcoming gathering, may I suggest one of these 12 amazing white chocolate peppermint numbers? My 12 blogger friends and I have been cooking up a storm. Check out all the recipes below.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow by Big Bear’s Wife
- White Chocolate Peppermint hi-hat Cupcakes by Betsy Life
- White Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Popcorn Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse by Cooking on the Front Burner
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Jars by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mocktini by Thyme for Cocktails
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Bread Booze Bacon
- White Chocolate Peppermint Candy Bark by A Night Owl
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Candy by Pink Cake Plate
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip by See Vanessa Craft
- White Peppermint Fudge Recipe by Around My Family Table
- 2 (4 oz.) white chocolate baking bars
- 2¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 10 T. butter, softened
- 1⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ c. milk
- 1 container peppermint frosting
- 1 container Bakers dipping chocolate
- crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop white chocolate bars into small pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave at 50% power for 1 to 1½ minutes until melted and smooth, stirring after every 30 seconds. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla
- With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk, mixing until just combined. Gently stir in white chocolate.
- Fill cupcake pan lined with wrappers ⅓ full. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Pipe peppermint frosting onto each cupcake forming a tall peak. Place cupcakes in the freezer for 30-60 minutes until firm. Meanwhile, roughly chop peppermint candies.
- Heat Bakers dipping chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Remove cupcakes from freezer and immediately dip the frosting top into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.