This post is sponsored. All opinions are my own. The only thing better than a 30 minute meal is a HEALTHY 30 minute meal! Simple pork and rice bowls to the rescue for those busy weeknights.
I try my best to limit my use of the term busy. It’s all too common today for people to say, “how are you?” and you respond, “Good. Busy.” Busy is not an emotion. It’s a word that has a negative connotation, and implies that you are disconnected from what’s currently going on around you.
It’s ok to have a full and eventful life. This can be a wonderful thing. It can also be stressful, and it’s also ok to admit that you’re stressed out. This is where a simple, healthy 30 minute meal, can come in handy.
I was at Safeway the other day in the midst of a stressful, yet lively week, and was in search of something that I could make into a quick, healthy dinner. Smithfield® Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet caught my eye, and sparked an idea. I knew based on what I had in my pantry at home, that I could create a pork and rice bowl that The Hubs would love.
The key to being productive when life is hectic is making sure to fuel your body with nourishing food that will keep you feeling strong and focused all day long. It’s tempting to pick up some junky fast food when you’re feeling pressed for time, but I assure you that it’s not necessary or helpful.
Fortunately, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork can be ready in 30 minutes or less and is perfect for any night of the week. The fact that they’re pre-marinated takes the guess work out of dinner. Real flavor, real fast!
Just to ensure this 30 minutes or less claim, I set a timer before I started making this meal. Sure enough, not only was dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, I was also able to clean all the prep dishes and put them in the dishwasher before the timer went off. This healthy pork and rice bowl is going to be our go-to meal all year long.
The next time you’re feeling like you might be too busy to cook up a delicious, complete meal, remember that with Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork, it is possible to put together a well-rounded and healthy meal in 30 minutes.
30 Minute Pork and Rice Bowl
- 1 package Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups rice prepared
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 large carrot
- 2 large cucumber
- 4 eggs
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions for garnish
- Begin boiling a small pot of water for eggs.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken stock, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, rice wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside. Peel carrot and cut into ribbons. Thinly slice cucumber.
- When pork is almost done, add eggs to boiling water. Boil for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and run under cold water to stop cooking. Peel.
- Heat rice in the microwave for 90 seconds. Add lime juice and cilantro. Mix well.
- When pork is done cooking, remove it from skillet and set aside. Add chicken stock mixture to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens. Return pork to sauce. Toss until well coated.
- To assemble the bowls, add 1/2 cup rice to the bottom of a serving bowl. Add 1/2 cup spinach, carrots and cucumbers. Top with 1/4 pork mixture, and one whole egg, sliced in half. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
***This post was updated 7.17.18