If you’re thinking of signing up for a CSA this summer but are afraid you won’t know what to make with all the produce then I’m here to help. Veggie Noodles and beyond! From breakfast to dinner, here are some easy and excellent ideas for cooking with fresh summer produce.
Today we’re taking our CSA box ingredients into the wild world of dinner side dishes. I can tell that you’re on the edge of your seat. Believe me when I say there’s nothing quite as exciting as veggie noodles made from carrots.
Ok, maybe its time for me to get a life outside of produce. That’s a topic for another post.
After yesterdays recipes, here is where we stand with our CSA box for the week
-Pickling Cucumbers: partially used
-Radishes: partially used
-Avocados: partially used
-Green Beans: partially used
-Carrots: partially used
I’m starting off my day with another slice of avocado toast using the other 1/2 of the avocado from yesterday, and following it up with another helping of yesterdays antipasto pasta salad for lunch. That recipe will usually feed me for three days.
Moving on to dinner. On today’s agenda is the remaining carrots.
My new love is making veggie noodles. I recently got this Mastrad Veggie Spiraler that comes with 3 different attachments for making different shaped noodles.
A big pile of spiraled carrots only needed a sweet and spicy peanut sauce to toss them in. Serve this up with some grilled chicken and you’ve got yourself a light and healthy summer meal.
Although The Hubs doesn’t agree with my theory that veggie noodles satisfy the same cravings as actual pasta, I think your family will find that turning veggies into noodles is a fun new way to experience the same old ingredients.
Part of the reason people get stuck with a CSA box is because all they can think of is salad and steamed vegetables. Produce can be both versatile and simple at the same time. Perhaps a little inspiration is all you need.
Raw Carrot Pasta with Peanut Sauce
Spiralized carrot pasta with creamy peanut sauce is the perfect light side dish.
- 5 large carrots peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped thai basil
- Place carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, almond milk, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and lime juice until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the carrots with several large spoonfuls of dressing. Add more until desired coating is reached.
- Toss in peanuts and thai basil.
How to use your CSA Box: See the full series