I know what you’re thinking. Fancy, right? What can I say, I’m in a good mood, so I thought I’d make a little treat for you all. Here in San Diego its pretty tough to get Maine lobster for a good price. The kind of lobster that lives in our ocean is called spiny lobster. They don’t have the big lobster claws you’d normally think of, and have spines all the way down their back. I can see on Instagram that many people out east are enjoying a summer classic, the lobster roll, right about now, but we can’t fish spiny lobster here until October. I was thrilled to see these Maine lobster tails on sale the other day, so I snatched them up!
Of course my friends at Cooking Light supplied some great recipe inspiration. The Hubs and I grilled these up after a long day of sunning poolside, and ate them accompanied by an ice cold beer. It was summer living at its finest!
Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter recipe from Cooking Light
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons red miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (8-ounce) lobster tails, halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place butter and miso in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until butter melts. Stir to combine.
- Coat lobster tails with cooking spray. Place tails, flesh-side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes. Turn tails over; brush with butter mixture. Grill 3 minutes or until done, brushing occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with remaining butter mixture.
Leave a Reply