This post was sponsored on behalf of The Seeker Wines via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
I wish more people understood the value in everyday adventures. Sure I love me an epic adventure like my trip to Bolivia last year, but I’ve learned that there is a lot of value in perceiving everyday tasks as adventures, too.
I’m fortunate to finally be out of my July craze, and have started my summer off a bit delayed with all sorts of adventures both local and otherwise. I just returned from a super fabulous trip to Maine with The Hubs for our anniversary, but before that I had been adventuring all over town starting in my own kitchen.
One of my favorite summer activities is attending the concerts in the park near our house. Each year I like to come up with some outrageous picnic item to pack to fuel our dancing. One year I made cuban sandwiches. Another year I made salmon BLT’s, but this year topped them all.
Braised beef mac & cheese sandwiches.
The Hubs couldn’t even believe his eyes when he unwrapped it.
Of course we had to pack some The Seeker wines to go with it. The Seeker has the perfect wine for any adventure, big or small, because it is a carefully curated collection of the best wines from where they grow best, each wine lovingly crafted by a different family winery all over the world.
Plus, they use lightweight glass, recycled and recyclable, locally-sourced packaging materials wherever possible which makes them a great picnic wine.
I absolutely loved Maine, but I really loved creating these fun sandwiches, surprising The Hubs, spending an evening sipping fabulous wine, and dancing with my neighbors too. Adventure is all about perception, and I’m planning to have as many as I can before summer is over.
Braised Beef Mac & Cheese Sandwiches
Mac and Cheese on a sandwich! This braised beef sandwich is perfect for a picnic.
For the beef
- 1 three lb chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 12 oz bottle beer
- 1- 18 oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
For the mac & cheese
- 8 oz macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sandwich Rolls
- Place beef, beef broth and beer in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours until meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred. Combine with bbq sauce until well coated.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add flour and slowly whisk in milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, whisking constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add cheddar and stir until smooth.
- Fold in macaroni until evenly coated.
- Layer beef and mac & cheese on a sandwich roll. Wrap in foil to bring to a picnic.
To learn more about The Seeker line of wines, follow them on Facebook