This gnocchi gratin recipe features bold and creamy gorgonzola cheese and rich, flavorful mushrooms.
I’m officially spent. Can I just curl up with a quilt and some fuzzy socks for the rest of the year please? Honestly I don’t know how parents do it. I’m EXHAUSTED ALL THE TIME and I don’t even have energetic kids to entertain.
This year has been one for the record books for sure. I’ve produced more art than ever in this time frame, and have expanded my horizons in ways I never thought possible. It’s been rad to say the least, but holy hell it takes a lot out of you.
The thing about being a creative freelancer, is that you can never truly take a break from work or from your ideas. They just follow you around popping up when you’re trying to sleep or trying to zen out in a yoga class.
Funny how that works.
Regardless, I’m grateful for the ideas that constantly enter my brain. I can’t imagine life any differently.
While work is still rolling in for the year, I’m going to do my best to slow down for a second, reflect, and set myself up for hopefully another year of unexpected fulfillment.
Part of my relaxation technique is to spend time in the kitchen making cozy and comforting winter food like this cheesy gorgonzola and gnocchi gratin. It’s full of savory mushrooms and crunchy rustic bread bits.
Exactly what I want a big bowl of when the weather outside gets frightful.
This is a great dish for a chilly winter night or for a festive holiday potluck. Your friends will hate you and love you for brining something so rich and irresistible, yet delicious and unexpected. It’s a win/win for all involved.
Tis the season for coziness, community, and gratitude. While I’m noshing away at this cheesy gnocchi gratin dish, I’ll continue to count my (many) blessings. If you have a chance to do something kind for others this holiday season, do it. If you can’t, then at the very least take a moment to say thank you for al the great things happening in your life, and hug the ones you love.
I’m definitely going to savor this time as much as possible because there are very exciting things in the works for 2018! I can’t wait to finish organizing my plans and get to work in the new year.
rest and pasta.
Pin Cheesy Baked Gnocchi and Gorgonzola Casserole for later
More baked pasta recipes
Gnocchi Gorgonzola Gratin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups gnocchi
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, balsamic, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add cream and water and bring to a simmer. Add in gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Pour mushroom and gnocchi mixture into a casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl. Spread breadcrumb mixture evenly on top of gnocchi. Sprinkle with thyme sprigs and bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.