If you’ve been looking for a top notch kabocha squash recipe, you’ve found it. This kabocha squash is roasted simply and topped with tangy balsamic vinegar and creamy feta cheese. A new idea for a Thanksgiving side dish.
I’ve been dreaming about Thanksgiving for weeks now. As per usual I have lofty ideas of fancy place cards, gorgeous cornucopia center pieces, and course after course of gourmet food. Every single year I plan to “take it up a notch,” and every single year dinner winds up on paper plates accompanied by red plastic cups full of wine. Fortunately, my friends don’t seem to mind too much. I need to accept that this is just how we roll.
Just because the food is served up on a paper plate, doesn’t mean that it’s anything short of insanely delicious. That’s one thing you can always expect at Betsylife HQ. Good ass food. This year I tapped my 12 blogger homies to get their input on what makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. As you can see, we have a lovely selection of veggies, potatoes and breads. Sounds dreamy to me!
I made this super simple roasted kabocha squash recipe with balsamic and feta. Don’t have kabocha squash? You can make this with delicata squash, butternut squash or acorn squash. Oh heck, drizzle a good balsamic vinegar on pretty much anything and its going to taste great. Thanksgiving is really about good company and good laughs anyway, so simplify your planning, fill up your red plastic cup, and kick back with those you love.
- Roasted Kabocha Squash recipe with Balsamic and Feta from Betsylife
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Home Cooking Memories
- Balsamic Green Beans with Pancettafrom†A Little Claireification
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan from The Rebel Chick
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from†Million Moments
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from†A Night Owl Blog
- Garlic Knots†from†Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Cranberry Almond Green Beans from Mom Endeavors
- Twice Baked Potatoes from Pink Cake Plate
- Glazed Sweet Potato Fingerlings from See Vanessa Craft
- Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Pineapple from East Valley Mom Guide
Recipe for Roasted Kabocha Squash
Roasted Kabocha Squash with Balsamic and Feta
If you're wondering how to cook kabocha squash, this is it. A simple roasted squash side dish that is ready quickly.
- 1 large kabocha squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Cut squash into cubes and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.