Now that I’m all stocked up on fresh fruit curds and what not, I thought I’d use my fresh strawberry glaze to bake something delicious. Two weeks ago I had a failed strawberry bundt attempt that I’ve been determined to make right. Baking with strawberries can be unpredictable since they release so much water. Replacing my fresh strawberry glaze for the chopped up strawberries that ruined my last cake was the key to my success with this strawberry swirl pound cake.
Another thing I learned from this recipe was that I have no idea how to use a Canon camera! My wonderful friend, and recipient of this pound cake, Marissa, leant me her camera while mine was being repaired. I spent quite a bit of time online trying to figure out where my familiar settings were located. I did the best I could but I’m still very happy to have my old Nikon back.
Thank you Marissa for your generosity! I know this is my blog and I can post or not post at my leisure, but the thought of 2 weeks with no new content made me pretty darn anxious. Seriously, you saved me from going nuts!
Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake
Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberry glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Stir in vanilla
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture. Continue folding until well combined
- Pour 1/2 batter into a greased loaf pan. Spoon 1/2 the strawberry glaze into several dots on top of the batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Top with remaining batter. Dot remaining strawberry glaze over the top and swirl once more.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack
In other news, I’m off to Chicago today! I’m looking forward to seeing my nephew and nieces, and the rest of my friends and family. Oh yeah, and eating beef sandwiches. I’m really looking forward to that part too.