This post is sponsored by Lipton Recipe Secrets. All opinions are my own.
I don’t think I’m alone in the fact that my favorite part of football season is the snacks. I’ll admit that Red Zone, and Hard Knocks make watching football a bit more tolerable (Google it), but The Hubs would lose me completely if it wasn’t for the snacks.
I’ll gladly consume any and every snack, as evidenced by my famous snack stadium, but my favorite type of football snack to prepare and share is always a dip.
Dips rule because they’re really easy to throw together, and are a great vehicle for anything from chips, to crackers to veggies, depending on how “healthy” you want to be. All you need is something creamy, cheese, and seasoning and you have yourself a dip!
Because I like to get a little wild with my dip making, I opted to add tater tots and bacon to this fabulous game day dip. My creamy factor is sour cream. My cheesy factor is grated aged white cheddar, and my seasoning is a packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mix.
I’ve got all the major game day food groups covered.
Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mix is a super easy way to season any dip. It’s truly my secret ingredient. You can buy it in the soup aisle at Walmart or your favorite store.
I’d love to hear about what your favorite game day snacks/dips are. I’m always looking for new and fun ideas, especially ones that sneak in healthy ingredients. I’m all about moderation, but if I can get a few servings of nutrients while stuffing my face on football Sunday that’s just an added bonus. Leave a comment and let me know what you’re eating this season!
- 3 cups thawed tater tots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine tater tots, bacon, 1 cup cheese, sour cream and Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mix.
- Spread dip into a 9-inch pie pan. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with your favorite dippables.