My zucchini fritter recipe is especially fresh with the addition of corn and carrots. All the best summer flavors in a single patty. Straight from the garden to your dinner table, this is a side dish the whole family will love.
This morning I chose to put on a long sleeve shirt. There was a cold breeze coming in through the screen door. Ok, maybe cool is more like it (after all the screen door was open) but it did make me contemplate tracking down my slippers for a split second.
What the heck summer?!? In my book you’re required to stick around through labor day MINIMUM. In fact, I can recall quite a few hot summer October days here in San Diego. I’m counting on the extra vitamin D to get me through the winter. It’s too soon.
I’m totally not ready for this fall bullshit.
My garden got the memo and is still going crazy, producing lots of fresh zucchini and carrots among other things, so that’s a little bit of consolation. Zucchini fritters anyone?
I’m just going to do my best to block out the ever-earlier sunsets, the cool breezes, and all the pumpkin and hot cocoa posts that are starting to trickle into my Facebook feed (UGH). Instead, I’ll continue cranking out garden friendly foods, popsicles, and other summer favorites until The Hubs pries the garden shears out of my hands. I refuse to let this summer go without a fight.
On that note, please enjoy this zucchini fritter recipe with corn and carrots, or as I like to call them, Summer Patties. Everything that’s delicious about the best season of the year combined in one perfect bite. There’s not a stitch of fall to be seen in these beauties. Are you with me? Let’s keep summer alive forever!
If you make this recipe, be sure to follow me and tag #betsylife on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Zucchini, Corn and Carrot Fritters
This zucchini and corn fritters recipe just got better with the addition of carrots. A fresh vegetable bite straight from your garden.
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup corn kernels cut off the cob
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup onion grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Spread the zucchini, carrots and corn between 2 layers of double stacked paper towels. Press firmly to remove as much water as possible from the vegetables. Repeat until most of the moisture is removed.
- In a large bowl combine vegetables, garlic, cumin, crushed red pepper and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until all the vegetables are evenly coated. Stir in eggs until well combined.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of water into the pan to ensure the oil is hot before cooking fritters. The oil should sizzle if its ready to go.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, Spoon a few fritters into the pan being careful not to crowd them. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom begins to brown, then flip and cook for 2-3 more until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
More seasonal garden-fresh recipes