No summer celebration is complete without fresh blueberry lavender cocktails. These seasonal refreshers bring a bit of fizz and sweetness to all your warm weather parties.
Have you ever had one of those moments where you’re faced with a big decision and you become paralyzed because you’re not sure what the right choice is? That’s pretty much how my last week has gone. After much agony, I did finally decide what I wanted to do, and I’m moving forward feeling confident in my new path.
I hate to use the word busy, but my life is about to get busy. Hopefully the good kind of busy.
I have the rest of this week to kick back, take deep breaths, try to center myself, and relax while I still can. I’m thinking cocktails, sunshine, long walks and book reading. I’ve got a house full of dogs for the weekend and not much else on the agenda. For the first time in a while, I almost feel like i’m on summer break…..even if it’s only a couple of days long.
I’m going to raise a glass of this blueberry lavender cocktail, and toast to new endeavors, unknown adventures, and good times along the way.
Blueberry Lavender Fizz Cocktails
Fresh blueberry vodka drinks are what's on the menu this summer.
- 1 cup blueberries plus additional for ice cubes
- 1 cup lavender sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz vodka
- juice from one lime
- soda water
- Freeze blueberries either as is, in the freezer or by placing them in ice cube trays filled with water and freezing them into ice cubes.
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup lavender sugar, and one cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve pressing the blueberries to extract the juice.
- Fill glass with blueberry ice cubes. Add 1 tablespoon blueberry syrup, 1 oz. vodka, & lime juice. Top with club soda and enjoy!
More refreshing cocktail recipes