Fresh blueberry vodka drinks are what’s on the menu this summer.
Have you ever had one of those moments where you’re faced with a big decision and you become paralyzed because you’re not sure what the right choice is? That’s pretty much how my last week has gone. After much agony, I did finally decide what I wanted to do, and I’m moving forward feeling confident in my new path.
I hate to use the word busy, but my life is about to get busy. Hopefully the good kind of busy.
I have the rest of this week to kick back, take deep breaths, try to center myself, and relax while I still can. I’m thinking cocktails, sunshine, long walks and book reading. I’ve got a house full of dogs for the weekend and not much else on the agenda. For the first time in a while, I almost feel like i’m on summer break…..even if it’s only a couple of days long.
I’m going to raise a glass of this blueberry lavender fizz cocktail, and toast to new endeavors, unknown adventures, and good times along the way.
- 1 cup blueberries plus additional for ice cubes
- 1 cup lavender sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz vodka
- juice from one lime
- soda water
- Freeze blueberries either as is, in the freezer or by placing them in ice cube trays filled with water and freezing them into ice cubes.
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup lavender sugar, and one cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve pressing the blueberries to extract the juice.
- Fill glass with blueberry ice cubes. Add 1 tablespoon blueberry syrup, 1 oz. vodka, & lime juice. Top with club soda and enjoy!
Pin Blueberry Lavender Fizz Cocktail for Later