Bourbon fig bundt cake is best seasonal fall dessert ever. Warm flavors of vanilla, fig and bourbon are just what you’re craving when the temperatures start to dip.
**This post was updated in October 2019
In my mind there is no better way to kick off a new month than with a bundt cake. Since it’s September, I thought I’d take some beautiful seasonal figs and turn them into this bourbon fig bundt cake.
Bourbon Fig Bundt Cake
Even though summer may be over, there’s plenty of great fall produce on our horizon. Figs are very “fall” to me and when combined with bourbon, you can’t help but get that cozy change-of-seasons feeling on the inside.
This lightly spiced bundt cake is perfect for a chilly morning brunch, or as a festive dessert at a holiday party. The beauty of any bundt cake is its ability to be appropriate for many occasions.
Bundt cake tip: thoroughly grease and flour your pan. Cooking spray alone generally won’t cut it, especially if you’re using an intricate bundt pan.
If you’re not quite ready for fall yet, well, that’s cool too. Enjoy the sun, the pool, and let the summer linger for as long as possible. That’s what I always try to do. But, at some point you’re going to have to face the facts that fall is inevitable, and I recommend surrendering to it with a bundt cake.
Bundts make every life transition easier. (Words to live by!)
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to see it! Tag me @betsylife on Facebook or Instagram and I’ll share your creations!
Bourbon Vanilla Fig Bundt Cake
Bourbon fig bundt cake is best seasonal fall dessert ever. Warm flavors of vanilla, fig and bourbon are just what you're craving when the temperatures start to dip.
for the cake
- 1 lb dried black mission figs roughly chopped
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
for the glaze
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp bourbon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saucepan combine figs, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, bourbon and water. Simmer until liquid is nearly absorbed about 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and vanilla bean and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture beat together brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly beat in flour mixture.
- Fold in fig mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn on to a plate an cool completely.
Prepare the glaze
- Whisk together confectioners sugar, bourbon, vanilla extract and cream. Pour glaze over the cake.
More seasonal fall dessert recipes