Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs coming at you from Northern Minnesota! No, we’re not actually having this for dinner tonight, but I hope many of you will consider it while tuning into Thursday night football. There’s a good chance The Hubs will be eating this as leftovers while I’m away. Usually he would be on a pizza binge but Olive chewed up his Dominoes coupons.
Poor Hubs. Olive has been a major rascal since I’ve been gone, and in addition to the coupons, the chewed up remote control total is up to 3 so far. (I think that may be the last one we own) As much as I love the fact that now he TRULY understands what I go through with her each day, I do feel bad that he has the extra stress on his plate. That’s what marriage is for, sharing stress and responsibilities.
Speaking of stress, I have pretty much ZERO right now. I’m so glad I made the choice to drive up to the cabin after my shoot in Minneapolis. I was pretty bummed we weren’t able to make it up earlier this summer, but this trip has made up for it. I’ve never been here so late in the year, and although I was hoping for more spectacular fall foliage, the little tinges of yellow and red against the gray sky is perfectly satisfying.
Today was drizzly and gray, but I didn’t mind one bit. I slept in, took a long walk through the peaceful woods, napped, and got to read my book for hours uninterrupted. Now my Dad is making steaks on the grill for dinner. Pretty ideal if I do say so myself.
If you’re tuning into football tonight, these buffalo chicken subs will make the perfect meal. I thought I had a bottle of Red Hot sauce when I started making these, but it turns out I did not. I substituted Tapatio sauce and it was awesome! Still buffalo-y with a little Mexican kick! YUM!
Taptio Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sub
Tapatio Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sub. Tapatio is a great Frank's Red Hot substitute
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Tapatio Sauce
- 2 T butter
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Hoagie Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, bleu cheese, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat Tapatio and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Stir well to combine.
- While the meatballs and sauce are warm, roll each meatball in the sauce to coat well. Serve on a hoagie roll and top with mozzarella cheese.