Thank you to Hormel® for sponsoring this post. Corned beef hash pizza is a tasty meal for breakfast or dinner. 4 simple ingredients and you’re ready to eat! The perfect busy day meal.
I’m one of the lucky ones. I get to work every day doing a job that I love. I get paid to use my imagination, and to create beautiful, and delicious imagery and recipes. Sounds amazing right?
For the most part, it is, but just like any job, it has its ups and downs. The hardest part about working in a creative field is not being able to turn my brain off.
If I’m not in the midst of recipe development or a photo shoot, I’m completely immersed in inspiration either online or in other forms of media.
I’m never NOT thinking about work.
Another downside of being a working creative professional, is that sometimes being creative loses its luster. When your passion becomes your job that means it can sometimes be tedious and frustrating just like any other job.
Sometimes I don’t feel like creating on demand, but I have to anyway.
I’m not here to complain about my job. I’m here to talk about the importance of taking a break, doing something for yourself, and keeping perspective on all the fun that can be had on a daily basis.
Generally my eating habits fall into one of two categories: unique, beautifully styled, often complex recipes that I’ve perfected over many trials, or junk food on the go because I’m too busy or tired to actually cook anything.
Rarely do I cook casually, just for the sake of eating.
The other weekend The Hubs and I were enjoying a lazy weekend at home, a rarity for us, and I decided to make a special breakfast. By special I mean, not cereal. I had a store bought pizza dough, a can of Hormel MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash, eggs and some cheese.
All signs were pointing to a breakfast pizza.
Corned beef hash pizza
Even though corned beef hash pizza is a super simple, and cost effective recipe, for us, it was significant. It was a moment for us to slow down, sit together and appreciate a hot meal.
We weren’t rushing out to our next appointment, we weren’t scraping together some sustenance on a whim, we were actually eating a wholesome and complete meal while enjoying each other’s company.
This pizza was a reminder to me that food can be simple and convenient but still meaningful. If you take a second to slow down and enjoy the process, and the company you’re cooking for, even a can of Hormel MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash and a pre-made pizza dough can be transformed into something memorable.
Check out Hormel MARY KITCHEN® on Facebook and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to see it! Tag me @betsylife on Facebook or Instagram and I’ll share your creations!
More easy brunch recipes
Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Pizza
Corned beef hash pizza is a tasty meal for breakfast or dinner. 4 simple ingredients and you're ready to eat! The perfect busy day meal.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 can MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- Set pizza dough out until it reaches room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll or stretch dough out on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness.
- Add MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash to a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until just browned. Remove from heat.
- Top pizza dough with cooked corned beef hash and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Break 4 eggs onto pizza, spacing evenly; sprinkle evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until eggs are set. Turn oven off; leave pizza in oven with oven door closed for 4 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. Remove from oven. Slice and enjoy.