Spicy One Pot Chicken and Summer Vegetables is the absolute easiest dinner you can make this week. Chicken, vegetables, cheese, a can opener and a big skillet is all you need. Throw it together and turn on the heat! When life gets busy, this recipe will be your saving grace.
All I want to do these days is be outside. The days are long, and the sun (and shade) beckon me constantly. I’ve been walking everywhere, hitting as many patios as possible, dining outside, and thoroughly enjoying the free time I have left before life gets hectic in July.
As much as I love to cook, my kitchen time lately has been minimal.
Beyond just wanting to be outdoors, I think mixing things up a bit is really great for my creativity. Being confined to one area, and doing the same thing day after day can get a bit static. Some of my best ideas come to me when I’m out walking Olive and not even thinking about work or this blog.
To maximize my outdoor time, and allow more time for other inspirational activities, I’ve been relying on pre-made frozen, no cook, or one pot meals like this one pot spicy chicken and summer vegetables.
Spicy one pot chicken with summer vegetables
Throw a bunch of stuff in a pot. You’re done.
It’s just that easy. I’m stoked to be able to incorporate some of the veggies I’ve been growing in my garden so far, but if you don’t have a garden, then just use canned or frozen vegetables. Whatever it takes to get you outside quicker to enjoy every moment of summer.
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to see it! Tag me @betsylife on Facebook or Instagram and I’ll share your creations!
More great one pot meals
Spicy One Pot Chicken and Summer Vegetables
One Pot Spicy Chicken and Summer Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 14 oz can of corn drained or 1 cup fresh corn
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes or 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/2 spice mixture over chicken. Add chicken to the pan and cook until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, zucchini and remaining seasoning to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Top with shredded cheese, green onions and cilantro. Serve