This post is sponsored. All opinions are my own. Pumpkin spice bundt cake will be your go to dessert this season. This version is sugar free to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions, but still tastes as delicious and decadent as traditional recipes.
Oh, Fall. You act like you’re so innocent by dropping the temperatures enough to force people to wear a sweater, but I’m onto you. What’s really going on is that you’re encouraging people to, “go ahead and have that extra piece of pie! Your bulky sweater has you covered. No one will know.”
Not cool, Fall. Not cool.
Luckily your temperature-dropping scheme has no place here in sunny San Diego so your trickery doesn’t work on us. We’re a unique, bikini clad species that has learned how to enjoy all the delicious desserts the holidays have to offer without having to worry about covering up a growing mid-section with a shapeless sweater.
Fall here in San Diego means 80° temperatures, but that won’t stop me from kicking off my holiday baking now that the season has officially begun.
I love pumpkin desserts, and baking in general, so I’m just going to sweat through it. (Cleansing! Detox!) My secret to light, but delicious fall desserts is to use Born Sweet ® Zing ™ Baking Blend.
Zing ™ Baking Blend is made from stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar so it bakes and browns just like sugar, only with fewer calories. Tank tops rejoice!
This pumpkin spice bundt cake is just as rich and satisfying as your grandma’s recipe, without any of the guilt, and only 150 calories per serving. With just a few simple substitutions, you too can forget the sweaters all together.
Ok, I realize that some of you live where it is cold, so the sweater might actually be necessary, but definitely ditch the guilt and wear it for warmth, and not to hide anything.
People like to say, “everything in moderation”.
This year feel free to moderate towards a little extra dessert now that you know my light baking secrets. Tell Fall to keep its guilty foods, and tricky sweater schemes. Enjoy a lighter holiday season with Zing™ Baking Blend.
If you give this cake a try, I’d love to see it! Be sure to post a pic on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @betsylife Leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite part of the changing seasons is.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
Pumpkin spice bundt cake will be your go to dessert this season. This version is sugar free to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions, but still tastes as delicious and decadent as traditional recipes.
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat milk
- For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream or pumpkin liqueur
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2 Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- 3 In a medium bowl sift together cake flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 4 In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- 5 In the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, beat butter and pumpkin puree until well combined. Add Zing ™ Baking Blend and continue to mix until fully incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 6 Reduce mixer speed and alternate adding flour mixture and milk in 3 additions, mixing well between each addition.
- 7 Fold in egg whites.
- 8 Pour batter into prepared pan an bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
To make the glaze
- 1 One tablespoon at a time, add heavy cream to powdered sugar, whisking until desired consistency is achieved. Pour over warm cake.
- 2 Allow to cool completely.
This post was sponsored by Zing™ Baking Blend. All opinions are my own.
All the best pumpkin recipes