Sheet pan chicken and potatoes topped with classic caprese salad flavors. An easy healthy weeknight meal that’s budget friendly.
Pah-pa-rah!!! That’s a trumpet noise indicating that I finally wrapped up the insanity that was my schedule lately. All deadlines were met, Jenny’s baby shower was a smashing success, and I’m finally able to take a second just to breathe.
Listen, I love to be busy, but I know myself well enough to know I need a least a couple of down-time days interspersed in the midst of the craziness just to keep my head on straight.
That’s what I’m up to this week.
Chill time. Tinkering around the house. Surfing the web for studio furnishings. Catching up on my Bravo TV.
Starting next week it’s back to the crazy time schedule.
One thing I learned throughout the last few weeks is how to throw together a fast and easy meal that isn’t a salad. Generally when I get slammed I go for
A. random snacking
The longer these periods of non-stop work last, the more I need REAL MEALS to fuel my body. I can get by on snacks for a few days, but 6 weeks of non-stop work requires carbs and protein.
Presenting the sheet pan chicken meal. Add all ingredients to a sheet pan. Bake. Eat.
It’s the busy lady’s best friend.
Sheet pan meals can be made with salmon, chicken, beef, you name it. Add your favorite vegetables and a few potatoes and you’re in business. It’s a great option for anyone who is short on time, but craves a complete meal in order to keep moving.
Check out my video below that shows you just how easy a sheet pan chicken (or other protein) meal it can be!
Get the recipe for Sheet Pan Balsamic Caprese Chicken Below
More quick and healthy chicken recipe ideas
** Potatoes for this post were provided by Melissa’s produce. No other compensation was exchanged.
Sheet Pan Balsamic Caprese Chicken
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the potatoes and tomatoes with olive oil and spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Combine oregano, basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Pat chicken dry then sprinkle with spice mixture. Place chicken on the sheet pan with the vegetables.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Top each breast with a slice of cheese and cook 2-3 more minutes until cheese melts
- Remove from oven and drizzle entire pan with Balsamic Glaze
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.