Pozole is a classic comfort food around these parts. I could use a little comfort today as I head back to work after 6 whole, glorious days off. I also need something easy, because today is shaping up to be a doozy.
I’m sure everyone is feeling the post-holiday drag. How do you manage to get motivated again and back into a routine?
I’m pretty sure its going to take me at least through the end of next week to feel “normal” again, that is, if I wasn’t heading off to Mexico for a vacation from my vacation! Guess that means that a normal routine will have to wait!
Instead of focusing on the comfort this simple, slow cooked Pozole offers from this hectic workday, I will now focus on the vacation inspiration its providing. Only 7 more days till I’m off to paradise…….I can do this!
Slow Cooker Pozole
When you're looking for a crock pot soup recipe, try this pozole.
- 2-15 oz cans hominy drained
- 3-10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 1/2 lb boneless pork loin trimmed
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- Mix all ingredients except cilantro and lime juice in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove and shred pork.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Add pork and heat through.
- Serve with tortillas and salsa.
Thank you to my neighbors, The Justesen sisters, for this recipe!