Fresh Peach salads are what I’m craving this season. Add white beans for a bit of extra protein and cucamelons for a fun summer flair.
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James
I’m drunk on summer. As much as I try to move about my days with purpose and drive, I always seem to find myself staring at the clouds and daydreaming the hours away. Nothing in the world seems as important to me right now as being still and feeling the sun on my face.
Don’t worry. Work is still happening. I’ve never been one to shirk my responsibilities, but the second a project wraps or an invoice is generated, I’m back to living in my bubble of blue skies, ocean breezes, and the smell of sunscreen.
I’ve read 6 books so far this summer. I’ve painted. I’ve taken walks. I’ve drank beer on patios with friends. There has been much BBQ consumed. I’m blissfully in my sweet spot.
I know all good things must come to an end, and I have major plans for when I “buckle down” once fall comes, but until then I’m determined to relish every second.
Every experience in life has a million facets. My love of summer wouldn’t be complete without feeling the temperature of those breezes, the smell of that sunscreen, and the exact blinding blue of the sky. To love summer is to taste it, and for me it tastes like fresh peaches.
Perfectly ripe juicy peach juice running down your face and arms is one of those purely summertime experiences that can’t quite be replicated any other time of the year.
When you take fresh peaches, and pair them with equally seasonal watermelon cucumbers and an ice cold beer, you are well on your way to summer nirvana.
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium peaches, halved and sliced
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons oil, mint, lemon juice, and syrup in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, peaches, and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top with white beans. Sprinkle with almonds.
Pin Fresh Peach and White Bean Salad for Later