White bean and fresh peach salad embodies the taste of summer. Hot days call for light, refreshing fare and this salad checks all the boxes. The addition of fresh herbs and adorable watermelon cucumbers is the icing on the summer recipe cake.
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James
I’m drunk on summer. As much as I try to move about my days with purpose and drive, I always seem to find myself staring at the clouds and daydreaming the hours away. Nothing in the world seems as important to me right now as being still and feeling the sun on my face.
Don’t worry. Work is still happening. I’ve never been one to shirk my responsibilities, but the second a project wraps or an invoice is generated, I’m back to living in my bubble of blue skies, ocean breezes, and the smell of sunscreen.
I’ve read 6 books so far this summer. I’ve painted. Walks have been taken. Patio beers with friends have been on regular rotation. There has been much BBQ consumed. I’m blissfully in my sweet spot.
I know all good things must come to an end, and I have major plans for when I “buckle down” once fall comes, but until then I’m determined to relish every second.
Every experience in life has a million facets. My love of summer wouldn’t be complete without feeling the temperature of those breezes, the smell of that sunscreen, and the exact blinding blue of the sky. To love summer is to taste it, and for me it tastes like fresh peaches.
Perfectly ripe juicy peach juice running down your face and arms is one of those purely summertime experiences that can’t quite be replicated any other time of the year.
When you take fresh peaches, and pair them with equally seasonal watermelon cucumbers and an ice cold beer, you are well on your way to summer nirvana.
White Bean and Peach Salad
Head on down to your local farmers market and pick up all the bounty you’ll need to create this fresh peach salad. Be sure to snap a pic of the finished dish, post it online and tag me @betsylife on Facebook or Instagram! I love to see your creations.
White Bean and Peach Salad
Fresh Peach salads are what I'm craving this season. Add white beans for a bit of extra protein and cucamelons for a fun summer flair.
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium peaches halved and sliced
- 1/2 cucumber halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons oil, mint, lemon juice, and syrup in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, peaches, and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top with white beans. Sprinkle with almonds.
More Seasonal Salad Recipes
- Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Kale Tabbouleh
- Blueberry Arugula Salad
- Cucumber Noodle, watermelon and feta salad