This post is sponsored all opinions are my own. The best beef bourguignon recipe is the one you make in your slow cooker. Crock pot beef bourguignon is an easy one pot meal that is the ideal weeknight dinner recipe.
What’s better than celebrating one national holiday (July 4th)?
Bastille day is coming up and while I’m not French in any way, I do love a holiday. I recently partnered with my friends at Sprouts to create my twist on this French classic as a way to celebrate.
I opted for a crock pot beef bourguignon version for a number of reasons. First of all, crock pot recipes are great in the summer time when it’s hot and you don’t want to turn the oven on. I think people often only think of their crock pot in the winter, but you should definitely dust it off and fire it up in the summer too.
Secondly, life has been CRAZY lately y’all! I’ve been in Minnesota, Seattle and Las Vegas, and have been squeezing in a ton of work in between. I need easy, filling meals that will keep me going through all of my adventures.
Crock pot meals are perfect for that.
This crock pot beef bourguignon takes only a few minutes to prep and then you can easily set it and forget it until dinner time. Sprouts brand beef and bacon are the basis for a hearty and majorly satisfying stew. Check out the quick video below to see just how easy it is!
Bonus: The Hubs was thrilled when he came home from work to a delicious smelling house and a bowl full of meat. It was a far cry from the quinoa bowls, veggie tacos, and big summer salads I’ve been serving up lately.
Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon
The best beef bourguignon recipe is the one you make in your slow cooker. Crock pot beef bourguignon is an easy one pot meal that is the ideal weeknight dinner recipe.
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 2 large carrots peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove and drain. Crumble
- Season beef with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until browned on all sides. Add beef to crockpot.
- Add crumbled bacon, carrot, onion, flour, beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to crockpot. Stir to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- About an hour before serving, sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until browned. Add to crockpot along with red wine.
- Cook one hour longer then serve.
More easy crock pot recipes
- Slow cooker Pork Ramen Soup
- Healthy Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili with Crispy Shredded Chicken