Crescent roll snack bites are the easiest quick appetizer to make. Customize with pretty much any flavor combination to please kids and adults alike. Makes a perfect game day appetizer or after school snack.
Back to school, joyful or dreadful? I guess that depends on if you’re a parent, or if you’re going into 6th grade with your new braces on for the first time.
I loved school. Back to school time always seemed kind of magical to me. We spent our summers away, so school starting meant getting to see my friends for the first time in months. I loved getting new clothes and school supplies, and can still recall the nervous feeling of wondering what the new year would bring.
Plus, us midwesterners were always anxious for the sweltering humidity of summer to give way to the cooler temperatures of fall.
These days back to school time has lost its luster a bit. Deep down I can still recall that unique feeling of anticipation, but without any kids of my own, and with no school age kids in my immediate daily life, its kind of just another day.
The most significant part of this time of the year now is the end of tourist season in our little beach town. Once labor day rolls around parking gets easier, the stores and streets get less crowded, and us locals finally have our beautiful community all to ourselves with many weeks of perfect summer weather still ahead of us.
September in San Diego is much more magical to me than back to school time ever was.
Despite not feeling the back to school excitement, I have recently committed myself to a more rigorous work schedule, and The Hubs is on the go as always, so I think we deserve some “back to school” snacks for our efforts.
The Gals in my 12 Bloggers crew and I got together this month to bring you 12 awesome back to school snack recipes. These are perfect for kids of all ages, or if you’re married to an overgrown, bottomless pit 13 year old like I am, they’re perfect for that too.
Everyone is busy, so let us help you make feeding your family just a little bit easier.
Pizza & Buffalo Wing Crescent Roll Snack Bites
For my simple snack bites recipe, all you need is a can of crescent roll dough and a little imagination. I went for pizza and buffalo wing flavors, but the flavor possibilities are limitless.
Pizza & Buffalo Wing Snack Bites
Making pizza bites with crescent rolls is just one idea. Why not make some buffalo chicken dip bites too?
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cooking spray
- 12 pepperonis
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- 1 chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- 3 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out crescent dough. Cut each triangle into 3 equal parts.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Press a section of dough into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- For the pizza bites, place a pepperoni in the bottom of each cup. Top with a spoonful of pizza sauce and a Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- For the buffalo wing bites, combine Frank's Red Hot Sauce and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Add diced chicken.
- Place a Tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the bottom of each cup. Top with a Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake all the bites for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve, or cool completely and freeze.
- To reheat frozen bites, wrap loosely in a paper towel and microwave for one minute.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Snack Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family