It’s no secret that my favorite part of football season is the food. One year I had a fantasy team, but I always forgot to set my lineup. Needless to say I came in dead last. I think my time is better spent in the kitchen.
Although we don’t actually go to a lot of games thus having the opportunity to tailgate, I was pretty excited about this months 12 bloggers theme of tailgating recipes. I can make pretty much anything to-go, and the way that all our friends gather at our pool/outdoor TV every Sunday sure makes it seem like a tailgate!
I opted for a dip because I am always trying to sneak healthy stuff into The Hubs snacks and its really easy to sneak healthy stuff into a dip. This BLT dip looks super healthy with all the lettuce and tomato on top, but it does have a creamy base (snuck in some protein packed greek yogurt too) and a crispy bacon layer.
He will eat anything that is put in front of him, healthy or not, so I know he would never complain, but it always helps if you can say “there’s bacon in it!” Besides, its been crazy hot here in San Diego and I couldn’t even fathom the idea of turning on the oven to make something.
This dip takes less than 15 minutes to make. If the bacon is already cooked it takes less than 5 minutes to make. You won’t miss a second of the game….if you’re into that.
My 12 blogger cohorts were much more adventurous than I when it came to cooking up some magic in the kitchen. Check out the awesome collection below. There is something for everyone in there. I think this should be sufficient in getting you through the 2014-2015 football season no?
A cold, layered BLT dip. Perfect for parties.
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 6 oz. container plain greek yogurt
- 1 package Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, greek yogurt and Ranch seasoning mix.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Cover with crumbled bacon. Top with lettuce and tomato.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups from Stephie Cooks
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family
Check out more of the very best easy dip recipes