When you get a craving for something crunchy, salty, and spicy, don’t reach for the chips! Grab this healthy snack instead: Spicy Roasted Crispy Chickpeas! With flavors of chili and cumin, you can enjoy this guilt-free vegetarian snack anytime!
Welcome to my latest, and greatest obsession. Spicy roasted chickpeas.
Need a healthy snack idea? As someone who has a salty tooth (as opposed to a sweet tooth) I’m always looking for ways to satisfy my cravings without eating fatty, greasy chips. It’s a tough one, because nothing is as crunchy or satisfyingly salty as chips in my book.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
However, these chickpeas did the trick! They are super crispy and crunchy, just as much as my beloved tortilla chips, but instead of filling my gut with empty calories, they filled it with healthy fiber that helped me to feel full longer. A delicious, healthy snack that helps you feel full, and doesn’t make you want to snack more?!?! Yes please!
I make two batches of these per week and there are never any leftovers.
The best part about roasting chickpeas is that they are a blank canvas. You can season them with whatever flavors you’re craving; from spicy, to garlic, to citrus, and even sweet! Of course I went for super spicy, using this extra hot Chili Mix I had in my pantry. The Hubs and I gobbled up a whole batch in one sitting.
These crunchy little bites are also a great topping for salads, or any other place you’re looking for an extra crunch.
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to see it! Tag me @betsylife on Facebook or Instagram and I’ll share your creations!
More great ways to use your crispy chickpeas
- Roasted broccolini with crispy kale, chickpeas, and burrata
- Grilled chard salad with crispy chickpeas
- Dairy free creamy cauliflower soup with lentils and spiced toasted nuts
Roasted Crispy Chickpeas
These roasted crispy chickpeas are the perfect craveworthy snack. Make them spicy, mild or even sweet.
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Hot Chili Mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Toss chickpeas with oil and seasoning until evenly coated. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Roast, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and crunchy, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Craving more healthy food snack ideas?