This peaches and cream bundt cake seemed like the perfect way to kick off my week. I’ve really been feeling the summer spirit lately due to a not-so-gloomy June here in San Diego, and I can’t think of a more summery food than peaches. Ok, maybe BBQ.
June is already winding down (where did the time go?!) and one of my favorite holidays, the 4th of July is right around the corner. If you’re thinking about putting a cake on your 4th of July menu, I think you should definitely give this gorgeous peaches and cream bundt a try. Fresh, ripe peaches are one of the greatest tasting things in my opinion, and they really shine in this cake.
We are planning our usual pool party for the 4th. The Wet Spot (the name of our house/pool) continues to improve year after year. The first year we just had a little patio set we bought at CVS. The second year we put a TV outside so the men could watch football in the fall. The third year The Hubs built and outdoor sectional couch and extended our counter space (which was previously just one set of old cabinets from the kitchen before it was remodeled) This year The Hubs installed new countertops outside on our covered patio so we have a nice serving buffet for our BBQ (and bundt cake!) spread.
This week will be dedicated to inflating pool floats and menu planning. I’m confident peaches will make an appearance on that menu as well as a boozy popsicle (my fave!) and some sort of bundt.
Next week I’ll get the guest room set up for our annual 4th of July visitors, Jenny and Frank, as well as purchase large amounts of meat for the smoker. Its not a holiday at The Wet Spot without smoked meat.
I’d love to hear about everyone else’s 4th of July plans and traditions. Leave a comment and let me know what you have planned!
Peaches and Cream Bundt Cake
My favorite Peaches and Cream recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tb. vanilla extract
- 4 diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 Tb. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan
- In a medium bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beat in vanilla. Fold in the sour cream, and greek yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Scrape the bowl to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Toss the peaches with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Scoop a third of the the batter into the Bundt pan, then sprinkle a third of the peaches on top. Repeat two more times with the remaining batter and peaches.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the powdered sugar, and heavy cream. Pour glaze over the cake
Nothing Bundt Cake Recipes
**This post may contain affiliate links**