One of the best crock pot noodle recipes you’ll ever try.
Hooray! My birthday week is finally here and I made this seriously awesome pork tenderloin with garlic noodles in my new birthday crock pot (thanks Mom!) to celebrate. I’m writing this post from chilly Michigan where I’ll be celebrating my birthday on a TV commercial set. Work rests for no one! Luckily my birthday twin and occasional co-worker, Tommy is also here so I’ll have someone to celebrate with.
Crock pot/slow cooker meals are perfect for cold weather or busy days, both of which I’m dealing with right now. I realized a little too late that I could have easily made a few crock pot meals for The Hubs to heat up while I’m out of town. I guess he’ll have to get by on pizza and buffalo wings as per usual. Next time Hubs. Next time.
There’s nothing better than coming home on a chilly evening to the smell of dinner that’s been simmering away all day. Fortunately, even though its cold outside in Michigan, I probably won’t have to go outside too much, alleviating my craving for that comforting slow cooker smell. Besides, it would be weird to slow cook something in a hotel room…..or would it?
I’ll save the rest of my slow cooker ideas for when I get home from this work trip.
In the meantime please enjoy this pork tenderloin with garlic noodles dish I made before I left. It was hearty, delicious and a major fave of my pasta loving Hubs. I do wish I had this going in my hotel room right about now.
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Noodles
One of the best crock pot noodle recipes you'll ever try.
- 2 1-pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 8 cups hot cooked Chinese-style noodles about 16 ounces uncooked
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 3/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 9 lime wedges
- Place tenderloins in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); drizzle over tenderloins. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker, and place in a large bowl, reserving cooking liquid in slow cooker. Let pork stand 10 minutes.
- Strain cooking liquid through a sieve into a bowl. Cover and keep warm. Shred pork with 2 forks.
- Return cooking liquid to slow cooker; stir in remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Cover and cook on HIGH 10 minutes. Turn slow cooker off. Add pork, noodles, and next 3 ingredients (through cilantro leaves), tossing to coat. Spoon noodle mixture into bowls; sprinkle with peanuts and chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
**recipe from Cooking Light